Today we will be doing a 20 minute Gentle Hatha Yoga Stretch To Relax, Rejuvenate & Restore. This gentle Hatha style of yoga is perfect for when you need a slower-paced, deep, relaxing, restorative stretch.
Gentle Hatha Yoga Stretch To Relax
This gentle Hatha style of yoga is perfect for when you need a more slow paced, deep, relaxing, restorative stretch.
|Gentle Hatha yoga is great after a long day, but also on mornings when you feel stiff upon waking or during the workday when you’ve been sitting too long and need a break (…if you are looking for a more fast-paced type of yoga, check out my videos that are flow or vinyasa yoga videos)|
Although Gentle yoga may not seem as intense physically, it is still just as abundant in health benefits as other styles of yoga.
For example, just like other styles of yoga, gentle yoga such as gentle hatha yoga offers increased flexibility and strength, calms and centers the mind, relieves stress, and depression, and more.
Another benefit to gentle yoga is that since the movement is slower, there is more of an emphasis on linking movement with breath as we transition through poses.
Moving slowly and mindfully also provides extra nourishment and TLC to the muscles, joints, and tissues, including deeper layers of tissues such as connective tissues.
Gentle hatha yoga offers us the chance to explore our “edge” in yoga, which is the place in a pose where you are able to move into the fullest, or deepest, expression of a posture and reap the most benefit without feeling pain.
It helps you to become mindful of the difference between discomfort and pain, which is super important in yoga.
Discomfort is okay, pain is never okay.
Taking time to do slower styles of yoga and get in tune with your body and know your “edge” is super important.
It will help you learn your limits so you can practice without injuring yourself.
This is especially beneficial when practicing a fast-paced vinyasa style of yoga, like the beginner friendly vinyasa yoga youtube yoga practice posted below:
6 Longterm Health Benefits of Hatha Yoga
- Digestive Improvements
- Central Nervous System Natural Relaxer
- Improved Sleep
- Enhanced Energy Upon Waking
- Increased Flexibility
- Improved Joint Mobility, Stability, and Range of Motion
Other gentle yoga videos and playlists you might enjoy:
- Check out the full Gentle Yoga playlist for more free gentle yoga practices: GENTLE YOGA PLAYLIST
- For super gentle and beginner practices, take a look at the “bed yoga” playlist: BED YOGA PLAYLIST
- To receive never miss out on new videos, visit the channel page and subscribe to the Awaken 2 Health channel. Then, hit the “bell” icon next to the subscribe button to ensure you are notified the moment a new video is uploaded: SUBSCRIBE HERE